debtags defunct?

Tássia Camões tassia at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 19:57:09 UTC 2010

2010/8/27 MK <halfcountplus at intergate.com>:

> The ...Packages files there do not have tag info in them, no.

I think it is part of debtags maintaince routines to keep the 'Tags: '
field up to date in Debian Packages files. And I assume this info is
not being propagated.

Considering that Ubuntu and other derivatives generate their own
Packages files, and tags info is not part of the packages source, I
would say that the only way for them to be aware of tags info is
monitoring debtags database. And It seems that it is not happening at
the moment.

Enrico, anythink to say about that issue?

Cheers,

Tássia.