proposing a new debtag for "ical"

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at debian.org
Sun Apr 3 16:53:50 UTC 2011

Hi Andrew,
  discussing with Enrico, we noticed that there is at present no
works-with-format::ical debtag, to identify all apps able to process
ical files. The standard procedure to propose a suitable new tag is at
http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/faq.html#what-makes-a-tag-good-for-being-added-to-the-vocabulary
but the problem is that neither I nor Enrico know much about calendar
formats.

So, if you don't mind, we're coming to you for help with a few
questions:

- would "ical" be an appropriate name for such a format or should it
  rather be something else?

- if we go ahead and add "ical", should be also add some other related
  formats?

- do you have an initial list of packages to suggest that could form an
  initial set of debtagged packages for the debtags we are going to
  introduce?

Many thanks in advance!
Cheers.