Calendar management-related tags

Tanguy Ortolo tanguy+debian at ortolo.eu
Tue Feb 28 17:04:05 UTC 2012

Hello,

I think it would be useful to define the following tags:
    works-with::calendar            calendar data
    works-with-format::icalendar    iCalendar (RFC 5545)
    protocol::webcal                WebCAL, that iCalender exposed by
                                    HTTP
    protocol::caldav                CalDAV (RFC 4791)

Indeed, I think the only related tag, use::timekeeping, is far from
being useful enough when searching for a software. For instance, a
common requirement would be to be able to import iCalendar files.
Someone using a remote calendar server would also want a CalDAV support,
etc.

By the way, the rationale for having protocol::webcal and
protocol::caldav instead of simply protocol::http is that these are two
HTTP-based protocols that are quite different, and often used for
distinct purposes.

Regards,

--
 ,--.