Tags in control files

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sat Jan 28 12:36:55 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 06:44:07PM +0100, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:

> > Are there other options? Could the Tag: header be marked as something
> > where package control files have priority over the overrides?
>
> I think this would be possible if we change how dak handles external
> overrides.  Please file a bug if you want this.

Done: http://bugs.debian.org/657725

I added a possible proposal for the future of the tag, to allow
'official' tags to coexist with 'extra' tags in the Tag field and to
allow maintainers to control what facets they want/need to take over and
what facets they just get from debtags.debian.net.

That was given as a context for possible future developments, which is
always good to have when writing code. If you then find that it's easy
to implement that, too, then I for one won't surely complain.

Wrt Tag: fields possibly becoming too long, the best solution is
probably to get rid of the {} compression hack, and just wrap the field
into multiple lines. As soon as I know that dak can do the wrapping, I
can upload an overrides file without {} compression.

If this can benefit from high bandwith, low-latency interaction, I'll be
at Fosdem.

GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>