New tag works-with-format::plist

Xavier Brochard xavier at alternatif.org
Sun Sep 2 11:33:58 UTC 2012

Hello

I suggest to add new tag works-with-format::plist

I know the rules about the minimum of 5 packages needing this tag, and I
must confess that there is not a lot of packages related to this tag. In
fact, I've found only lipblist1 for the time being. But as such packages are
very specific, it is quite difficult to find them without this tag. Around
30 packages depends on libplist1.

About the plist format: it is a proprietary format from apple used on
NextStep, GNUStep, MacOSX and iOS. Actually there are a few different plist
flavor: ascii, xml, binary and json - and we should hope Apple will not
create a new one! Currently libplist1 handle only binary and XML flavor. But
I don't think it would be useful to tag it with works-with-format::xml as it
can be used only on .plist files from apple's system and devices.

I'm not a list subscriber but I'm reading it trough gmame, so please don't
cc me.

regards

xavier