New field for computer science / programming?

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Tue Aug 6 13:27:07 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jun 09, 2013 at 10:55:46AM +0200, Benjamin Mesing wrote:

> where is the vocabulary currently maintained and how does it get
> propagated?
> Is there any concise documentation about the process for adding tags to
> the vocabulary and to packages (from the developer perspective, the user
> perspective is answered quite nicely within the FAQ)?
>
> If I know what to do, I can try to get more involved in the process.

Oh, dear, sorry, this mail was lost in my inbox.

It's just a matter of updating the debian-packages file at:
svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/debtags/vocabulary/trunk
you should already have commit access there.

Once that is updated, debtags.debian.net will pick it up automatically
at the next maintenance run (at least once a day).

To have the new vocabulary installed in Debian systems, there needs to
be a new release of the debtags package.

I've just added to my debconf todo list to split a debtags-data package
out of debtags, so that there can be frequent releases of debtags-data
as a binary-indep package.

GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>