Debtags for defining the minimal age that a program can generally be used

Miriam Ruiz miriam at debian.org
Sat Sep 14 14:22:20 UTC 2013

2013/9/12 acracia <acracia at cryptodrunks.net>

>  > I think an "objective classification" what games are suitable for
> > which kids is doomed to fail. These questions are way to subjective
> > IMO.
> >
> what they do for example in IMDB is being clear about what the game
> has, not judging, like:
> - - player uses a gun
> - - when shoooting, blood comes out of the corpses
>
> etc

That's part of the equation that might be added later, but if the kid is
not capable of using the program because in their developmental stage they
lack the needed cognitive sensomotor and psychosocial skills to use it,
that information is not enough. For example, hex-a-hop is a really cute
game, esthetically valid for every kid,no matter the age. But a 6 yo, and
quite likely a 9 yo either, won't be able to play it. That is the first
step I would like to cover.

Greetings,
Miry