Interface::x11 vs X11::application

Benjamin Mesing bensmail at gmx.net
Sat Aug 16 18:29:34 UTC 2014

> I agree in general principles to the s/x11/graphical/; one may argue
> that 3d is also graphical, and at the same time, nobody would use
> interface::2d.

Yes I had the same thought, but decided for the practical route. On the
other hand if we consider interface::3d implies interface::graphical
everything is consistent.

> Does interface::3d make practical sense at all, by the
> way?

I have used it in the past for searching. But iirc this was for games
(or to test my graphic card ;). However there are other packages that
benefit from 3d: blender and vrml-viewers come to my mind, were at least
part of the interface is 3D.

In conclusion I propose:
      * Change description of interface::x11 to "Graphical" (one day we
        should have a way to rename tags, or at least to provide
        aliases)
      * drop x11::application: _Enrico_ is there a way to auto merge the
        packages from x11::application into interface::x11?
      * keep interface::3d

Best regards

Ben