[Debwebid-discuss] Some Django WebID experiment targetting db.debian.org

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Fri Oct 11 16:33:38 UTC 2013

Quoting Olivier Berger (2013-10-11 17:09:23)
> FYI, I'm currently working on trying to mix django-webid-provider [0]
> with some userdir-ldap Django-based rewrite [1] to try and see whether
> db.debian.org could be improved with some WebID generation, which
> could provide canonical Debian WebIDs for Debian project members.
>
> Note that along the way, I've bee updating django-webid-provider to
> port it to Django 1.5 (see [2]).
>
> I'm not yet sure how much can be achieved in mixing the 2 user models,
> but that should be feasable in theory ;)
>
> Note also that I haven't tried to perform WebID+TLS auth yet, but
> again, there are supposedly some Django modules that may be reused.
>
> Any comments/questions welcome.

I am no good with Python, but I dearly recommend to look into uWSGI for
serving the webapp.  I recently explained at the FreedomBox some of the
benefits of using uWSGI:
https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/freedombox-discuss/2013-October/005873.html

Here's a sample uWSGI snippet for a Django webapp:
http://source.jones.dk/?p=local-COMMON.git;a=blob;f=uwsgi/apps-available/local-django-app.ini

 - Jonas