[Dehs-devel] dehs welcome

Julian Gilbey jdg@polya.uklinux.net
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 22:00:31 +0000

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 10:30:05AM +0100, Filippo Giunchedi wrote:
> [it is ok for me having svn commits on this list]
>
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 04:41:07AM +0100, Bluefuture wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > Well, Filippo could you change the output data format and send a patch
> > on the list? Lucas do u have in mind a particular standardizing schema
> > for uscan --dehs output format?
>
> attached there is the (rather trivial) patch for uscan for using rfc882-style
> messages (maybe xml is overkill, the data is not structured)

Unfortunately the patch will not produce valid rfc822-style output, as
some fields may be more than one line long.  Given the ease of parsing
XML output these days, and the fact that there are so many tools
available for doing so, why would we want to regress to rfc822-style
output?  Not to mention that other people may make use of this output
format.

Incidentally, do we want to use underscores or hyphens in the field
names (underscores look weird in rfc822 output)?

   Julian