[Dehs-devel] Re: comments on debian watch files

Eric Dorland eric at kuroneko.ca
Tue Mar 21 06:31:49 UTC 2006

* Bluefuture (bluefuture at email.it) wrote:
> Il giorno gio, 16/03/2006 alle 00.34 -0500, Eric Dorland ha scritto:
> > * Lars Wirzenius (liw at iki.fi) wrote:
> > >
> > > You should adveritse loudly that it lets people upload watch files. It
> > > is not at all clear from the web page. But if it works, good. Now I can
> > > start pointing people at it when they complain about missing watch
> > > files.
> >
> > Actually is there a way to upload a watch file in dehs? There doesn't
> > appear to be one, but again I think it's a good idea.
> >

> > Stefano: How about it? Can we start adding watch files to the dehs svn
> > repo that the site can use in addition to the ones in packages?

[snip]

> Actually, for packages that doesn't have watch file dehs try to generate
> automatically starting from the debian package copyright file (the
> watch_fill function). There is also another function that try to
> generate watch file from freshmeat (the watch_fillfre function) and it
> is actually implemented but not used. The packages without watch file
> actually are selected by this query:

Well the idea (which Lars proposed) would be set aside some space in
the dehs svn repository where random developers code can add watch
files for packages that don't have them yet (or have incorrect
ones). This would allow a more collaborative approach to watch files,
and open up contributions from a wider range of contributors (who
don't even need to be Debian developers).

[snip]

--
Eric Dorland <eric at kuroneko.ca>
ICQ: #61138586, Jabber: hooty at jabber.com
1024D/16D970C6 097C 4861 9934 27A0 8E1C  2B0A 61E9 8ECF 16D9 70C6