[Dehs-devel] Re: comments on debian watch files

Lars Wirzenius liw at iki.fi
Sat Mar 25 08:50:05 UTC 2006

la, 2006-03-25 kello 01:13 +0100, Bluefuture kirjoitti:
> What u and other people in cc (Filippo, Lars, Jeroan, Fathi) think about
> using dehs svn (what kind of permission? people contributing with watch
> file only need to be in dehs group?) for submitting watch file?

For people doing that regularly, svn works fine. For people just wanting
to write a watch file once, it's too much work, but that can be solved
by having people accept watch files via e-mail and putting them into
svn.

> The watch file manually submitted supersed watch file in the package
> (and other issues)?

I think the one in svn should have priority, but also that if the
version in svn and in the package are different, this needs to be fixed
and one of them should be updated.

> We want to follow this discussion on debian-qa or dehs-devel mailing
> list without cc to anybody?

I'm on -qa. I'm not interested in participating in the implementation of
this, I just want people to stop complaining that packages don't have
watch files, so I suggested (again) that they'd be kept central.

--
I am a werehuman.