[Dehs-devel] libxml-sax-perl: New upstream version available

Raphael Geissert atomo64 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 01:56:28 UTC 2008

Sorry for the late response, I accidentally archive the conversation
and got lost.

On 02/03/2008, Martín Ferrari <martin.ferrari at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 5:15 PM, Raphael Geissert <atomo64 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >
>  >  How's that? that seems like a broken behaviour of svn-inject
>

> The two things go together. The repack script renames to the version
>  informed by uscan, and later svn-inject takes whichever version is in
>  the filename.

Can't the repack script just append dfsg where/when needed?
I still disagree on appending dfsg via uversionmangle.

>  >
>  >  I plan to go the former way after version=4 watch files are accepted
>  >  on uscan, which will by default strip dfsg and similar Debian
>  >  repackaging signs via dversionmangle.
>

> Well, I find it silly to misreport problems when packages are
>  correctly following the uscan rules.

But despite my very strong disagreement the other day I added an
exception to DEHS so it doesn't perform the 'extended stripping' when
dfsg is matched in the upstream version reported by uscan.

Really, I recommend you (and anyone else being used to using
uversionmangle that way) to fix the repack/or whatever script so it
appends dfsg when needed instead of relying on uscan's uversionmagle.

>  --
>
> Martín Ferrari

Sincerely,
--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.

Say NO to Microsoft Office broken standard.
See http://www.noooxml.org/petition