[Dehs-devel] Extracting an URL from the copyright file?

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Mon Mar 14 15:52:40 UTC 2011

Hi,

First of all, thanks a LOT for creating and maintaining this great
service for the Debian community!

I've been seeing some weirdness WRT my Debian packages for a couple of
months now; not really sure exactly when it started, mostly because at
first I thought it was something I did, but now I'm no longer so sure :)
Apologies if this has been reported already - a quick look through the
list archives didn't really turn up anything similar, but ICBW.

In short, for a couple of my packages - bomstrip, confget, dante (exp),
dma, hexer, mbuffer, prips and timelimit - DEHS reports errors that look
like it tries to query the upstream versions not from the URL in the
watch file, but from the URL in the DEP 5 Format header of the copyright
file:

uscan.pl warning: In /tmp/timelimit_watchWU8FiZ,
  no matching hrefs for watch line
  http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/dep/web/deps/dep5.mdwn?op=file&rev=166 (?:.*/)?timelimit-?_?([\d+\.]+|\d+)\.(tar.*|tgz|zip|gz|bz2|) debian uupdate

...while the timelimit watch file contains merely:

version = 3

http://devel.ringlet.net/sysutils/timelimit/ timelimit-([\d\.]*).tar.gz

...and the URL above is, as already noted, actually in the first line of
the copyright file :)

I tried to take a look at dehs_pg.php, but I'm not quite sure how to set
up a database for a test run, and just looking at the code is not enough
for me to understand it entirely.  Is this a known problem, does it
happen with other packages, too, or am I somehow misconstructing my
copyright files and hiding my watch files from DEHS? :)

Once again, thanks for DEHS, and keep up the great work!

G'luck,
Peter

Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net roam at FreeBSD.org peter at packetscale.com
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.