[Demi-devel] Screen shots

John Morrissey jwm@horde.net
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:34:59 -0500

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 08:46:11AM +1100, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> Do you have an Alioth username already? If so, let me know what it is, and
> I'll figure out how to add you to the project.

I just registered; I'm jwm-guest (I presume the -guest suffix is for
non-DDs?)

I've updated the code to support fetching /var/lib/dpkg/status via SSH; it's
parsing it and updating the existing SQL tables with the package
information. I'm starting to ready it for "release" - hopefully I'll have
some basic packaging ready in a week or two.

> The biggest issue I've had is finding a way to correlate the DSAs with
> packages.

The RDF feed from the Security Team doesn't have fields for version numbers,
so right now, I'm just parsing the package name from the DSA title and
flagging any out-of-date packages with that name as DSA-affected.
Eventually, it would be nice to contact the Security Team to see if they
could add version numbers as RDF fields.

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o
jwm@horde.net        _-< \_          /  \       ----  <  \,