[Demi-devel] Format for transferring machine information

John Morrissey jwm at horde.net
Wed Jan 11 15:43:57 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 01:29:58AM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 10:24:02AM -0500, John Morrissey wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 07:12:57AM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> > > 3) Use the pipelining feature of the new version of OpenSSH
> >
> > That feature seems really nifty. sarge shipped with OpenSSH < 4.0, but
> > maybe we could use this as an optimization, if available.
>
> Given that Demi is only going to ship with etch if we're lucky, it's not
> going to be the end of the world if we rely on this feature, and stipulate
> etch as our first functional release that we work with.

True. There are still going to be plenty of sarge machines around for a
while after etch's release, and it would be nice to support them, or at
least fall back gracefully. I'll also admit personal bias, since my employer
has a number of sarge machines we'd like to start managing with Demi as it
stabilizes.

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o