[dep-plumbing] 2013 ping for DEP 8.

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at debian.org
Sat Dec 28 08:25:34 UTC 2013

Hi Charles, thanks for this ping.

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 01:30:56AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> autopkgtest is gaining momentum, but DEP 8 is still maked DRAFT with a link to
> autopkgtest's VCS.  Do you think it would be possible to polish it and mark it
> CANDIDATE, or even call for consensus to mark it ACCEPTED ?

  zack at usha:~$ grep -i '^Package:' /var/lib/apt/lists/http.debian.net_debian_dists_unstable_main_source_Sources |wc -l
  20448
  zack at usha:~$ grep -i '^Testsuite: autopkgtest' /var/lib/apt/lists/http.debian.net_debian_dists_unstable_main_source_Sources |wc -l
  192

about 1% of the packages in the archive declare autopkgtest support, and
there are other packages with non declared autopkgtest support (with
bugs filed). This is, for me, evidence enough that autopkgtest is here
to stay. In turn this is for me evidence enough that autopkgtest should
be declared ACCEPTED. If that's fine with you, I'll happily do that,
massage the current text for long term preservation (e.g. by pointing at
a live version that will be updated in the future) and announce it to
-project. Comments?

--
Stefano Zacchiroli  . . . . . . .  zack at upsilon.cc . . . . o . . . o . o
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .