[dep-plumbing] Migration of https://alioth.debian.org/projects/dep/

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at debian.org
Sun Jan 7 07:26:46 UTC 2018

Hi Charles, I haven't been very active either on DEP, and I don't see
this changing in the future, but here are my 0.02 EUR in response to
your useful message:

On Sun, Jan 07, 2018 at 03:56:56PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> For dep-plumbing (this list), I can ask the creation of a replacement on
> lists.debian.org.  But perhaps the low traffic suggests that we can use
> debian-project directly instead ?

I think so, -project should be good enough. And dep-commits can
certainly go.

> I propose to create a team on salsa.d.o ("dep-team" ? "debian-dep" ?),
> make the "Debian" group member of that team, with enough rights for
> creating new projects.
>
> Then, I propose to export each DEP that is currently in the Subversion
> repository as a specific project.  Hopefully none of them used features
> specific from ikiwiki, so they can be rendered as GitLab pages.

That seems a bit overkill to me. I think a single project for all DEPs
should be enough, and let's make it writable by all DDs. In this
scenario dep.d.n can point to that project.

HTH,
Cheers.
--
Stefano Zacchiroli . zack at upsilon.cc . upsilon.cc/zack . . o . . . o . o
Computer Science Professor . CTO Software Heritage . . . . . o . . . o o