Configuration files: defaults or examples?

Carlo Stemberger carlo.stemberger at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 15:03:47 UTC 2012

Dear maintainers,
I find ~/.devscripts (or /etc/devscripts.conf) a little bit confusing.

Here is the first 2 lines:
> # This configuration file gives defaults for the scripts in
> # the devscripts package, as documented in the individual manpages.

but I think there is a lot of "examples", instead of defaults, such as
in "BTS_SMTP_AUTH_PASSWORD=pass".

What do you think? Am I misunderstanding?

Thank you!

Carlo

--
   .-.  | Registered Linux User #443882                        |  .''`.
   oo|  | http://linuxcounter.net/                             | : :'  :