let `uscan --debug` print mangled uversions

Benjamin Drung bdrung at debian.org
Wed Mar 20 14:49:33 UTC 2013

Am Mittwoch, den 20.03.2013, 14:38 +0100 schrieb Markus Wanner:
> On 03/20/2013 02:18 PM, Benjamin Drung wrote:
> > I am fine with your patch except the output format. There is a cluttered
> > column with the mangled version:
>
> I thought of it as a bit of additional information, that's why I
> appended it at the end of the line. Maybe just a space rather than tabs
> (and have it consistently unaligned)?

Consistently unaligned is better.

> > I am not happy with this format either. Any other opinions about the format?
>
> That gives it too much weight, IMO.

Agreed.

> In general, however, I don't care much *where* it gets displayed as long
> as I can somehow get the information.

I have committed your patch with just a space rather than tabs [1],
which I considered the best format until now. If someone else comes up
with something better, I will be happy to apply it.

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=devscripts/devscripts.git;a=commitdiff;h=cd2ff7ec

--
Benjamin Drung
Debian & Ubuntu Developer