mk-origtargz (Was: Problem with *.zip archives)

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Sun Apr 13 09:37:27 UTC 2014

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 13.04.2014, 00:22 +0200 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> The branch contains a preliminary working version, but not all
> combinations have been tested, and the untested probably fail in very
> obvious ways.
>
> Next up: Writing a sufficiently complete test suite.

done, looks like the code was actually working quite well. Merged into
master, to give it some testing. Feel free to play around with it now,
if you are so inclined.

TODO:
 * Handling it more gracefully if the resulting tarball filename is
   actually passed (which may make sense if one wants to remove more
   files from it).
 * What about the +dfsg functionality? Is that the callers (in
   particular uscan’s) task  or should mk-origtargz do this?

I’m leaning towards the former; version mangling is uscan’s field of
work. Also when taking the version number from debian/changelog, such
version modifications will already have taken place.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner