mk-origtargz: Use the already parsed $data to check for Files-Excluded

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Mon May 12 07:59:57 UTC 2014

Hi,

I realised that the latest devscripts upload now also includes the
--compression option.  Thanks for all your work on this.  While I think
that even the previous version fixed #685506 I wonder whether you kept
this bug open intentionally.  From my point of view it can be closed.

I have adapted the wiki page about uscan enhancements[1] since all major
points seem to be solved now.  The only remaining item was to enable a
trigger for "tar --exclude-vcs" which now should probably go to
mk-origtargz.  I just think that it is sensible to have an option to
drop all the VCS stuff inside upstream tarballs.

I'm going to file a bug report about this if you will not beat me with
implementing this in Git first.  I think the implementation is pretty
easy and any patch of mine will just pester you with my naming choice
which has not proven the best one in the past and thus I would hesitate
to send a patch.

Kind regards and thanks for all your work on this

      Andreas.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/UscanEnhancements

--
http://fam-tille.de