Proposing licensecheck change

Dominique Dumont dod.debian at free.fr
Tue Jul 21 17:31:07 UTC 2015

Hello

Currently, licensecheck -r uses find to scan a directory and accepts files
based on their suffix (i.e. accepts .c .h .cxx ...)

This list of suffixes is a big regexp that must be updated regurlarly. Still
some files are missed like config.guess.

Maintaining this regexp is not efficient.

I'd like to propose to use 'file' command to decide whether to scan a file or
not. All files of mime type 'text/*' and 'application/xml' would be scanned.
(Note that file is already used to find the charset of each scanned file.)

This way, I think that licensecheck would miss less source files.

Thoughts ?

All the best