license-reconcile: FTBFS: cannot parse file 't/data/example/sample.png'

Dominique Dumont dod at debian.org
Sun Nov 1 16:57:41 UTC 2015

On Saturday 31 October 2015 21:53:43 Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> You make it sound like I requested licensecheck to change behaviour,
> which was not the case.

That was not my intent. Sorry about that.

> I explicitly requested licensecheck to not change behaviour.

Yes. And I now understand what behavior I changed unintentionally.

I've reviewed the old version of licensecheck code and here's what I
understand about its old behavior.

Old licensecheck scanned any file (including binary) when licensecheck was run
with either of the following arguments:
- a single file
- one or more files matching a regexp passed to --check option

On the other hand, licensecheck scanned only files with specific extensions
(like .c .h) when licensecheck was run with either of the following arguments:
- more than one file
- a directory

Unfortunately, the mime based filter I implemented did break the first use case.

cme (and probably license-reconcile) needs the second use case which broke
when directory scan included unparsable results for binary files.

Now that I better understand what went on, I can restore the behavior
described above while keeping a filter based on mime instead of file extension.

Jonas, do you agree with this proposal ?

All the best

--
 https://github.com/dod38fr/   -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/
http://ddumont.wordpress.com/  -o-   irc: dod at irc.debian.org