2.15.10 FTBS

Osamu Aoki osamu at debian.org
Sun Nov 15 12:14:37 UTC 2015

Hi,

I use pbuilder(cowbuilder to be precise).

On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 01:55:46PM +0000, Nicholas Bamber wrote:
> Osamu,
> 	I am getting the following FTBS when I attempt to build in sbuild:
>

> uupdate: Auto-generating foo_1.0-1.debian.tar.xz
> /<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/scripts/uupdate: line 1060: /dev/tty: No such device or
> address

This is odd.  Normal environment have /dev/tty

$ ls -l /dev/tty
crw-rw-rw- 1 root tty 5, 0 Nov 15 07:59 /dev/tty

You need to mount this device in chroot via sbuilder configuration.

In line 1060:
cp -i $DEBIANFILE ${NEW_DEBIANFILE} 2>/dev/tty

This redirection is needed to show prompt to the console when uscan runs
uupdate and capture both stdout and stderr.  This was quick trick.  Of
course, we can move all outputs to stdout only and let uscan capture
only stdout, then I do not need /dev/tty.

Roger (sbuild upstream) said:

This is OK for "build"-phase but not so nice for"test"-phase
But this may be something to worry and be considerate.

Osamu