latest licensecheck changes break --recursive option [Re: licensecheck testing and bug triage]

Dominique Dumont dod at debian.org
Thu Nov 26 18:49:19 UTC 2015

On Thursday 26 November 2015 14:22:45 Nicholas Bamber wrote:
> I have identified what I believe is a major problem with this checkin of
> licensecheck.
>
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/devscripts.git/commit/?id=1d1dc
> 56a50c056b95b04b9d5fa1f1a4d0a3fd6f2

The commit that restore the decision to parse a file based on the file
extension, unless the file is explicitly required by listing the file or by
specifying -c option

> software-license.t (which I sent you earlier for a different reason)
> works both before and after this change.
> software-license2.t only works before.

The first list the file to parse, whereas the second relies on file extension.

> One possible solution would be for license-reconcile to make its own
> decisions over which files to use licensecheck on. This would not be
> difficult really but it would prevent me from improving the
> license-reconcile code in a systematic manner. I would rather suggest
> that you should offer both approaches as options via a command line
> option. I have no problem personally with which one you make the default.

The files you want to parse have no extension (e.g GPL_1 Perl_5 ...).

One way to make licensecheck parse these files is to specify -c option. In this
case, something like  " -c '/\w+$'" or a more liberal "-c '.*'".

Is that acceptable ?

All the best

--
 https://github.com/dod38fr/   -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/