[Dict-common-dev] Re: dict policy

Agustín Martín Domingo agmartin@aq.upm.es
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:09:02 +0200

Resending to dict-common-dev for archival:
Kai Hendry wrote:
 > I do agree some "policy" is required to sort out the dictionary AND
 > (please) translation dictionary mess in debian (SID).
 >
 > However, I am little dissapointed by you use of :
 >
 > ispell, well, i use *aspell*, and is that not much better !??

We are already in touch with previous aspell maintainer (and he reads
the dict-common-dev mailing list). As a matter of fact was after his
suggestion that we currently have full pspell-ispell support. When
asking aspell dict maintainers about the possibility of integrating
aspell they thought it was not as urgent as for ispell and wordlists,
since there is no defaults symlinks and all the endless questions on
packages installation. However that is in the todo list he passed to the
new aspell maintainer, and we are waiting for feedback from them, so I
expect aspell dicts to be integrated at some time in the policy.

Of course any sugestion about how to do that is welcome.

 > Emacs spelling? Joe? I use vim. I added this line to my .vimrc
 >
 > " Spell check
 > map <F8> :w!<CR>:!aspell check %<CR>:e! %<CR>
 >
  > When I write emails with mutt, I generally write them in vim, so that
  > kills two birds with one stone.

How do you select different languages?

Thanks for your interest. I remind you that the project page is at

http://dict-common.sourceforge.net/

There you will find the complete text for the policy, as well as some
other info like the mail archive. As I told you before all sort of
collaboration is highly welcome.

Cheers,

Agustin Martin Domingo, Dpto. de Fisica, ETS Arquitectura Madrid,
(U. Politecnica de Madrid)  tel: +34 91-336-6536, Fax: +34 91-336-6554,
email:agmartin@aq.upm.es, http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~agmartin/welcome.html