[Dict-common-dev] Re: Including aspell pwli files in the dict-common policy?

Rafael Laboissiere Rafael Laboissiere <laboissiere@mpipf-muenchen.mpg.de>
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 16:53:40 +0200

* Agustín Martín Domingo <agmartin@aq.upm.es> [2002-06-27 20:19]:

> and may be also extend the work you did for autogeneration of the
> regions-to-spelling.map file to look both databases, aspell and ispell,
> aspell after a 'pspell-aspell' field containing only the pwli name
> stripped of '-aspell.pwli' and the Locale field.
>
> Some of the things should be much simpler than for ispell and wordlists.
> For instance after a quick glance, the equivalent to the
> update-ispell-default file for aspell would be a very simple eight lines
> script since no symlinks need to be set. Seems so simple that probably
> using slice to generate it from 'update-default.in' is much more work
> than installing from a separate file.
>
> Also an installdeb-aspell does not need anything about debconf, so it
> will be much simpler.

It seems that you have accumulated a quite large knowledge about aspell
(larger than mine, anyway, which is almost inexistent).  Once the specific
needs for the aspell support are identified, I would gladly contribute with
the implementation.

If the sid version of dictionaries-common comes out with complete aspell
support, that will be a big win.

--
Rafael