[Dict-common-dev] New dictionaries-common Policy

Agustín Martín Domingo agmartin@aq.upm.es
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 19:14:33 +0100

Mikael Hedin wrote:

> A thought half through reading the policy:  Why not include aspell
> dictionaries?  I know the danish ispell dictionary source also can
> build an aspell dictionary.

We asked some aspell dict maintainers about how to integrate aspell. But
they thought that it was not needed since aspell dicts use a normal
config file at /etc, and not the alternatives system both ispell
dictionaries and wordlists use. Quoting him

> > There is a third thing. Currently the policy do not include anything on
> > aspell. What sort of things would aspell need? I have in my To-Do
>
> Aspell supports real configuration files so the strange default
> symlinks wont be needed. My aspell-{da,fo} packages just assumes that
> the system administrator set som sane /etc/aspell.conf uo himself.

I have to add this item to the dict-common FAQ at some time after Easter
(I am now in a hurry to leave all my mail replied before leaving).

Cheers,

Agustin

Agustin Martin Domingo, Dpto. de Fisica, ETS Arquitectura Madrid,
(U. Politecnica de Madrid)  tel: +34 91-336-6536, Fax: +34 91-336-6554,
email:agmartin@aq.upm.es, http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~agmartin/welcome.html