[Dict-common-dev] Deadline for Ispell dics and wordlist transition to new-policy is close

Agustín Martín Domingo agmartin@aq.upm.es
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 18:39:25 +0200

Rafael Laboissiere wrote:

 >>What about these dates?
 >>
 >>- Friday October 11th: Start filing bugs
 >>- Monday October 14th: Start the transition
 >>- Thursday or Friday of that week: Uploading dictionaries-common{-dev}
 >>  to Debian
 >

 > Sounds good to me.

I am preparing a final announce whose draft I include, as well as a text
to be used for bug submission. Comments are welcome

Cheers,

Agustin

The final announce:
Hi all,

As promised, these are the dates for the ispell dictionaries
and wordlist packages (IDWP) transition to the new policy:

    1) On Friday October 11th, bugs with severity wishlist will be
       filed against IDWP. Bugs will not be filed against packages
       whose maintainer delegated on us to upload the package
       currently at sourceforge.

    2) On Monday October 14th, the real transition will start, and
       from that time on all IDWP can be uploaded to Debian,
       *closing* their associated bug.

    3) On Thursday or Friday of the same week, dictionaries-common
       packages are uploaded to Debian. They need some more days to
       make its place in the global override file.

    4) As soon as dictionaries-common packages are accepted bug
       severity is raised to serious for all IDWP still not uploaded.

    5) Time for NMU if required

You might have seen in the policy document that some aspell stuff
has been added to it. That refers mainly to documentation spread
across aspell and pspell manuals, that has now been put together in
the policy document. If your package also provides an aspell
dictionary, do not worry, this deadline does not affect the aspell
part, that can be worked later.

Some reminders from previous messages:

If you expect not being able to upload your package(s) short
after the deadline we could do that on your behalf. That would ...

... + The same text as in previous message

The bug text (s/$i/package-name/)