[Dict-common-dev] MySpell hyphenation patterns

Rene Engelhard rene@debian.org
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:55:04 +0100

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ

[ CC'ing J=E9r=F4me Warnier which was in the progess of making myspell-fr
=66rom the zip, too and the ifrench / ifrench-gut Maintainer and
debian-openoffice]

Hi,

Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> I have recently packaged the French myspell dictionary. The upstream

You packaged that from the .zip, right?

Don't upload that please.

Ih have patches for ifrench / ifrench-gut ready to build the
dictionaries from the ispell ones directly which was how the zip was
created anyhow. This was possible only now that we have alibmyspell-dev
in unstable which incidentially contains a script which was made for
converting ifrench-gut :-)

I am going to file bugs with them today.

If the maintainer doesn't accept that we could use the .zip as "source"
but building it from ifrench / ifrench-gut is a much cleaner way...

> contains the dictionary itself, and the hyphenation patterns. The policy
> doesn't contains any information about hyphenation patterns, so I have
> looked at the others packages.

Yes....

> The source package creates two binary packages, myspell-fr and
> openoffice.org-hyphenation-fr. Is it the right way to do that?

No. elmo will reject it,
See
http://lists.debian.org/debian-openoffice/2003/debian-openoffice-200310/msg=
00388.html

I am going to make one package of all, but some README*'s and the copyright
notices in them have to get cleaned first..

Gr=FC=DFe/Regards,

Ren=E9
--=20
 .''`.  Ren=E9 Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73
   `-   Fingerprint: 41FA F208 28D4 7CA5 19BB  7AD9 F859 90B0 248A EB73
     =20

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ--