[Dict-common-dev] Re: RFS: itagalog - The tagalog dictionary for Ispell.

Agustin Martin agustin.martin@hispalinux.es
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:01:17 +0100

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 07:52:22AM +1100, Jan Alonzo wrote:
> Agustin Martin <agustin.martin@hispalinux.es> writes:
> > Just a quick comment. You probably do not need to have different source
> > packages for itagalog and aspell-tl if they both come from the same
> > wordlist.
>
> Thought about that actually. Does this mean I have to sort it out upstream

That is up to upstream, if I were upstream I would use a single source when
possible, with tags like 'install-ispell', 'build-aspell' and so on, but
this is definitely upstream choice

> or
> I can make ispell-tl as a source and add the necessary aspell and debian/
> files to generate both itagalog and aspell-tl?

It is pretty simple to use the ispell source for your itagalog and aspell-tl
packages. The only files you need to borrow from aspell-tl are tl.dat,
tl.multi and tagalog.alias, which are not supposed to change frequently.
tl.cwl is simply the compressed wordlist, but you can use the original
wordlist directly to build the aspell hash,

  $ aspell --lang=tl create master ./tl.rws < tl.dic

For aspell 0.50 that is enough and, since tagalog has not yet real affix
compression, also for 0.60 (although you will need to rebuild due to a new
format). For 0.60 Brian and me did some work last summer about a different
way with hash autobuild on the fly during installation, but that was left
in standby. We might try to recover this idea for future aspell 0.60.

> > I will take a deeper look at the package and sponsor it, if you want.
>
> Sure, Brian Nelson offered to sponsor aspell-tl too. If I merge both (or
> upstream agrees for them to be merged), should I file another RFS for *both*
> aspell-tl and itagalog seeing as though they come from the same source package
> or the one RFS per package rule still applies?

No need of that, just close both bug reports from the changelog. As for
sponsoring the upload, contact any of us directly (no need to bother
dict-common-dev with this). I currently have aspell 0.50 only
in some of my boxes, and not in the ones I have more regular access, but
that should not result in a very big delay.

P.S. I am no longer cc'ing debian-mentors.

Cheers,

--
Agustin