[Dict-common-dev] Aspell hash autobuilding

Brian Nelson nelson@bignachos.com
Tue, 05 Jul 2005 10:54:21 -0700

Hmm, looks like the GCC 4.0 transition is starting now, so we have to
hurry up and get aspell hash autobuilding working to deal with #310590.

What remains to be done before we can start transitioning the aspell
dictionaries?  Off the top of my head, I have:

* Upload dictionaries-common with aspell-autobuildhash support

* Upload aspell which changes the default dictionary location to
  /usr/lib/aspell, and I think runs aspell-autobuildhash in the
  postinst.  Also it needs to define the hash compatibility version,
  right?

* Change dictionaries to depend on aspell/aspell-bin, install word lists
  into /var/lib/aspell (or is it /usr/share/aspell?)

* Profit?

--
Society is never going to make any progress until we all learn to
pretend to like each other.