[Dict-common-dev] Re: implementing aspell hash generation at install time

Brian Nelson nelson at bignachos.net
Thu Jan 12 18:25:28 UTC 2006

Agustin Martin <agustin.martin at hispalinux.es> writes:

> On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 01:08:02PM +0200, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
>> ke, 2006-01-11 kello 12:51 +0100, Agustin Martin kirjoitti:
>> > You just need to use the wordlist you used to build the hash,
>>
>> Which hash?  The ispell hash?  To get a better idea of what I mean,
>> please check the "ispell-et" source package.
>
> The aspell hash (the .rws file)
>
>> What about word-list-compress?
>
> prezip seems to work better and is more recent, but Brian surely can give
> more details on this. The script uses precat, so use prezip.

>From the prezip-bin(1) manpage, which for reason isn't installed:

DESCRIPTION
       prezip-bin  compresses/decompresses  sorted  word  lists  from standard
       input to standard output.

       Prezip-bin is similar to word-list-compress(1) but it allows  a  larger
       character set of {0x00...0x09, 0x0B, 0x0C, 0x0E...0xFF} and multi-words
       larger  than  255  characters  in  length.   It  can  also   decompress
       word-list-compress(1) compatible files.

TIPS
       Prezip-bin is best used with sorted word list type files.  It is not  a
       general  purpose compression program since resulting files may actually
       increase in size.

       Unlike word-list-compress(1) if your word list has leading or  trailing
       blank  spaces  for  formatting  purposes,  you should remove them first
       before you compress your list using prezip-bin  -z  ,  otherwise  those
       spaces will be included in the compressed binary output.

--
Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.