[Dict-common-dev] UTF-8 and ispell

Agustin Martin agustin.martin at hispalinux.es
Sun Sep 30 19:56:44 UTC 2007

On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 11:13:00PM +0200, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
> * Agustin Martin <agustin.martin at hispalinux.es> [2007-09-29 20:43]:
>
> > We could try filtering octal codes with something like
> >
> > $additionalchars =~ s/\\([0-3][0-7][0-7])/chr(oct($1))/ge;
> >
> > before the conversion to utf-8. I expect this to just output the string of
> > single byte chars (I hope this is not messed up in some locale settings) and
> > leave 'as is' anything not an octal code.
>
> This is indeed a good idea.
>
> I already asked you but am asking again: should I commit the changes to CVS
> or do you prefer to do it yourself?

Sorry, I was too busy this weekend and had only time to reply to the
other message.

I intended to commit changes tomorrow, or if not possible on Tuesday. I only
made some cosmetic changes to your patch (other committed things were about
policy clarifications, unrelated to this). I did not even yet wrote last
changes coming from this thread, so if you have them ready feel free to
commit them. I will do the cosmetic stuff later.

Otherwise I will try to put everything together tomorrow, commit changes and
prepare a pre-release for further testing. Will look first tomorrow
(around 12:00 CET) if you already committed changes.

Thanks for your help with the jed stuff.

--
Agustin