[Dict-common-dev] openoffice.org: dictionary.lst is gone

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Sat Dec 20 20:28:06 UTC 2008

Hi,

Rene Engelhard wrote:
> Agustin Martin wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 12:11:44AM +0100, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> > > OpenOffice.org 3.0.0 removed the need for a dictionary.lst (but still
> > > honoured it but since 3.0.1 rc1 it does not do even that anymore.). We now
> > > can specify the paths of the dicts separately (and that even distinct
> > > for dicts, hyph patters and thesauri)
> > >
> > > Fortunately the naming scheme for the dictionaries didn't change, so the
> > > packages' contents don't need to change - except that
> > >  - .info-myspell is obsolete
> > >  - the packages do not need to carll update-openoffice-dicts anymore
> > >  - update-openoffice-dicts is not needed anymore
> > >
> > > I think we should do the transition asap for squeeze and remove
> > > dictionary.lst.
> >
> > If possible, I would like squeeze hunspell dicts to work in lenny ooo
> > without manual intervention. For that reason I am for keeping the calls, in
> > case the dictionary is used from lenny. I would change the dictionaries.lst
>
> Hrm.
>
> > header to explain that is left there *only* for backwards compatibility of
> > the dictionary. May be put the obsolete stuff in an special place in the
>
> That can be done, yes...
>
> > policy document.
>
> but then new dicts also need to add it for compat with lenny, but they won't when
> it's in an other section. So what you propose is keeping the stuff inside the policy
> although it isn't used.

Oh, what I forgot to mention in my initial mail and the one cited is that OOo
now can handle separate dirs for the dicts.

So I wanted to do (after this transition is over) do something like:

/usr/share/hunspell: myspell/hunspell dicts
/usr/share/hyphen: hyphenation patterns
/usr/share/mythes or similar: thesauri

The info file stuff then doesn't work either, and no direct compat with lenny anyway.

So...

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene at debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73