[Dict-common-dev] hunspell support under emacs [Was: dictionary.lst is gone]

Agustin Martin agmartin at debian.org
Mon Feb 2 15:26:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 02:25:56AM +0100, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Rene Engelhard wrote:
> >  - update-openoffice-dicts should become a non-op and remove dictionary.lst
> >    (my original patch and your suggestion from Dec, 23)
>
> Committed that now and uploaded (to experimental).
>
> If you don't do it before, I'll upload that to unstable together with OOo3.
>
> The next OOo3 upload will eventually conflict against
> dictionaries-common (<< 0.98.14).

By the way, I have Debian hunspell support under emacs mostly ready. Just
need to add hunspell to some places in the policy document together with
aspell registration and check things once more.

That will not work in lenny (lenny hunspell do not output a version string
in pipe mode), but I expect this to work well in lenny+. I may just skip the
relevant ispell.el check for hunspell to try working around that, but I am
still undecided.

Note that this should not interfere with the possible OOo compatibility stuff.
I use a new debian/package.info-hunspell file similar to the
debian/package.info-aspell equivalent. That way, debian/package.info-myspell
will contain only the OOo<3 compatibility stuff, so they do not interfere
when we drop the compatibity support.

I plan to release this change as 1.0, along with other changes like
changing dictionaries-common priority to optional and, if ready, the OOo
compatibility stuff.

All this will still take a bit. In the meantime I have just uploaded a
0.98.16 package with the dictionaries.lst removal code.

Regards,

--
Agustin