[Dict-common-dev] Packaging a Hunspell dictionary

Agustin Martin agmartin at debian.org
Fri Mar 1 17:46:16 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 12:37:05AM -0500, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on packaging `hunspell-en-med', a dictionary of English
> medical terms. Even though the packaging is done and I followed the
> policy for packaging, I think something is missing because I can't get
> it to work with OpenOffice. Can anyone please have a look at and let me
> know what is missing? The packaging is here:
>
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-med/hunspell-en-med.git;a=summary
>
> ITP: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=700275

Hi,

hunspell-en-med seems to not be a standalone dictionary, but something you
should use together with an actual English dictionary. Since it does not
provide an affix file I guess LibreOffice does not consider it.

I do not know how is LibreOffice told to use such dictionaries. For hunspell
that would be something like

$ hunspell -d en_US,en_MED

thus being medical dict words used together with the base American dictionary.
Current packaging policy does not cover this kind of extra dictionaries and
I do not know how to make LibreOffice create something like an "American+Med"
entry pointing to "en_US,en_MED".

René, do you have info about this?

Regards,

--