[Dict-common-dev] Minor upgrades in (myspell/hunspell) dictionaries policy for jessie.

Agustin Martin agmartin at debian.org
Tue Sep 30 17:18:53 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have been trying to update the myspell/hunspell part of the policy to make
it closer to current usage, apart from fixing the usual typos.

In section Relationships, I am thinking about something like

For myspell/hunspell dictionary packages the relationships in
debian/control should be as follows:

 * The myspell/hunspell dictionary packages must depend on at least
   dictionaries-common (>= 0.10) because in that revision the myspell
   support was added.

 * The myspell-<isocode> packages must provide the virtual packages
   myspell-dictionary and myspell-dictionary-<isocode>. The
   hunspell-<isocode> packages must provide the virtual packages
   hunspell-dictionary and hunspell-dictionary-<isocode>.

FIXME: Should myspell dicts provide hunspell-*?

 * hunspell and myspell dictionary packages should declare a Suggests on
   Libreoffice or OpenOffice.org and on the Mozilla flavors in Debian that
   support the spellchecker. Something like

Suggests: hunspell,
 libreoffice-core | openoffice.org-hunspell | openoffice.org-core (>= 2.0.2),
 iceape-browser | iceweasel | icedove

 * myspell dictionary packages must Conflict: against openoffice.org (<= 1.0.3-2)

 * hunspell dictionary packages should conflict against old versions of
   Mozilla / OpenOffice.org not supporting hunspell

mozilla-browser (<< 1.8+1.1.1-2),
 iceape-browser (<< 1.1.1-2),
 firefox (<< 2.0.0.3-2),
 thunderbird (<< 2.0.0.1+0dfsg-0),
 iceweasel (<< 2.0.0.3-2),
 icedove (<< 2.0.0.0-4),
 libxul0d (= 1.8.0.11-3),
 openoffice.org (<= 1.0.3-2),
 openoffice.org-core (<< 2.1~m190-1)

 * The myspell/hunspell packages having an "old" version named
   openoffice.org-spellcheck-* (regardless of whether that was in Debian
   once or not) must declare the magic Conflicts: / Provides: / Replaces:
   combination "against" the old package.

 * If there are hunspell and myspell dictionary packages for a given
   language and the hunspell dictionary package installs files with the same
   name as the myspell dictionary package, the hunspell dictionary package
   must conflict against the myspell dictionary package.

I am also removing references to ancient /usr/share/myspell/dicts links.

Any other thing that needs upgrading?

Regards,

--
Agustin