[Docker-maint] [pkg-go] docker, consul, notary and others

Dmitry Smirnov onlyjob at debian.org
Mon Mar 7 18:18:05 UTC 2016

On Mon, 7 Mar 2016 09:25:46 AM Tianon Gravi wrote:
> Is "libnetwork" finally abstract enough that it can be used without
> "docker/docker" ?

That would be question to upstream.

> I think we've been shipping "src:docker.io" as
> multi-orig up until now specifically just for this last holdout that
> was too deeply integrated to package separately, so I'd love to be
> able to remove that complication!

Latest release of Docker depends on libnetwork which have its own repository
with semantically tagged releases. Looks good to me and it doesn't look like
we have a choice really...

> > Also I think we should upload notary with bundled
> > "github.com/docker/docker" (to avoid circular dependency on docker)
>
> Would it be legal/make sense (within
> the confines of policy and good practice) to split
> golang-github-docker-docker-dev out from src:docker.io to help resolve
> these conflicts?

I'm not sure... Maybe. It could be fragile though....

--
Cheers,
 Dmitry Smirnov.

---

He who cannot obey himself will be commanded. That is the nature of living
creatures.
        -- Friedrich Nietzsche