[Docker-maint] docker.io in Stretch

Tianon Gravi tianon at debian.org
Thu Dec 15 19:02:53 UTC 2016

On 15 December 2016 at 10:55, Thorsten Alteholz <debian at alteholz.de> wrote:
> The reason for one of the build failures in #835686:
>
>  # github.com/docker/docker/api/client
>  api/client/attach.go:51: unknown types.ContainerAttachOptions field
> 'ContainerID' in struct literal
>
> is the recent upload of golang-github-docker-engine-api, which removed the
> ContainerID from that struct in engine-api/types/client.go

I haven't had a chance to look into this failure much, but I think Tim
might have.

> So maybe it is enough to "just" upload the newest version 1.13.0-rc3 of
> docker.io?
> (unfortunately I already failed with a new entry in
> debian/upstream-version-gitcommits)

Unfortunately it's not ever quite that simple -- Docker has a _lot_ of
small-to-large Go dependencies that have to be updated (and in many
cases created as a new package) for almost every update, even
sometimes the minor updates (although those are usually less painful
overall).

I'll go update "upstream-version-gitcommits" in Git to at least get
that part out of the way. :)

♥,
- Tianon
  4096R / B42F 6819 007F 00F8 8E36  4FD4 036A 9C25 BF35 7DD4