[dpl-helpers] (quite broken) reimbursement procedures

Joerg Jaspert joerg at ganneff.de
Sun Nov 3 21:25:21 UTC 2013

On 13362 March 1977, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

> I just had a conversation with DSA about reimbursement procedures.
> Notes below. Is someone interested in working on that?
> A first step would be to talk to SPI, FFIS, debian.ch, Debian France
> to determine what is possible.

> Possible solutions (in braindump mode, not all solutions might be realistic):
> - give a Debian credit card to a DSA member that will be used for all DSA purchases
> - use the credit card that was created for Amazon (which is unused as Amazon refused it)
> - have a TO provide virtual credit card numbers on-demand (Debian France could probably do
>   that, but is not officially a TO yet)
> - increase redundancy at TOs so that reimbursements are processed faster
> - provide a delayed-charge credit card to a DSA member, so that reimbursements arrive before
>   the charge
> - accept scans instead of hard copies of receipts

Also, while they are naturally the team with the most reimbursements
happen, with all the little bits and pieces of hardware to replace,
those are very DSA specific "solutions", especially those with the
various credit cards. But the underlying problem isn't only true for
them, it happens to everyone in Debian that needs reimbursement (lots of
other teams doing sprints, for example), so a solution that solves this
for all should be much preferred. (IE work for changes at orgs)

--
bye, Joerg
If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing