[Dwn-trans-english] Integrating reviews and translations in the Debian Project News

Alexander Reichle-Schmehl alexander at schmehl.info
Wed Mar 31 13:03:18 UTC 2010

Hi!

Alexander Reichle-Schmehl schrieb:

>>> * Did I forget anything else?
>> * Integrate translation-header checks from webwml to get easily the
>>   status of the translation w/t the english version, inside the DPN
>>   repo.
> [..] it should be possible to at least write a script,
> comparing your translation check against the one of the English version.
>  I'll try to come up with something soonish.

Been there, done that.

As translator you can now:

$ svn+ssh://svn.alioth.debian.org/svn/publicity/dpn
$ cd dpn
$ scripts/trans-check fr
Found 'fr/current/index.wml' is outdated!
   Please run 'svn diff -r 9:18 "en/current/index.wml"' to review the
changes to the original document.

(Under the assumptions, that you keep the translations in the publicity
svn repository.)

> I'll add information on how to enable the keyword substitution to the wiki.

Please see also
http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews/HowToContribute#TranslatingtheDebianProjectNews
and
http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews/HowToContribute#Somehintsforsubverisionusage