[Egtk-discuss] Re: eiffel-gtk-2005-12-31 (alpha release)

Oliver Elphick olly at lfix.co.uk
Wed Jan 4 21:55:29 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2005-12-31 at 16:36 +0100, paolo.redaelli at poste.it wrote:
> As promised on the mailing list I publish this first sketch
> of a wrapper for GTK+2.x
> You can download it from https://alioth.debian.org/
> download.php/1373/eiffel-gtk-2005-12-31.tar.bz2
> It's SmartEiffel specific, has many limitation but it's only
> meant to "set the tone" of how I would like to go on in this
> work.
> It requires GTK+2 installed from the sources or the
> developer packages from any distribution. See README and
> TODO for further informations.
> I'm not able to commit anything to either cvs or svn since
> I'm posting this from my brother's iMac (it hasn't cvs or
> svn installed and he prefer to keep his machine clean from
> my hackings); I hope that this tarball will be helpful.
> As Oliver asked me I rewrote everything from the scratch;
> nevertheless many basic things like C_STRUCT are almost
> equals to the previous one.
> Happy GNU year, Paolo Redaelli aka tybor

Thanks for this, Paolo.

I haven't yet had a chance to do anything with this, and I am about to
leave for Israel for a week.  I have uploaded it to svn, however.

This has required a reorganisation of the repository, whose top-level
was previously equivalent to the old egtk top-level directory.  I have
now created egtk/trunk and egtk2/trunk and moved the existing files
down.  The version for GTK+2/SmartEiffel2 has been imported to egtk2 and
we will call it that from now on.  .../trunk is so that any future
branch editing can happen more conveniently.

For anyone new to this, the project page is at
https://alioth.debian.org/projects/egtk/ and the svn repository is
accessed through svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/egtk (which requires an
account on svn.debian.org).

Oliver Elphick                                          olly at lfix.co.uk