[Eyecatcher-general] Re: Debian "eyecatcher" Project

Christoph Berg cb@df7cb.de
Sun, 9 Jan 2005 17:57:50 +0100

--OgApRN/oydYDdnYz

Re: Alexander Schmehl in <20050109163439.GD30580@schmehl.info>
> To the best of my knowledgy, every solution proposed, be it
> OpenOffice.org, slides as PDF-dokuments (created in various ways), or
> HTML Dokuments will solve some ugliness of the current mgp solution, but
> will create other ones.

Here's a crude hack that at least works:

$cat xpdf-loop
#!/bin/sh

FILE=3D"$1"
DELAY=3D"5"
PAGES=3D`pdfinfo "$FILE" | grep ^Pages | cut -d : -f 2`

trap 'pkill xpdf ; exit 0' INT

while true ; do
        for page in `seq 1 $PAGES` ; do
                xpdf -fullscreen -remote "$FILE" "$FILE" $page &
                sleep "$DELAY"
        done
done

pkill xpdf