[Eyecatcher-general] First prototype ready

Lars D. Forseth lars@forseth.de
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 22:45:34 +0100

hi,

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/eyecatcher-general/2005-January/000013.html

I tried  the script as described, nice! :)

But I had to kill it manually from the terminal, cause ctl-c wouldn't
work... (?)

I edited the comments of the script a little bit, as I'm not into cvs
yet you can find it here:

http://darth-vader.wh-stuttgart.de:10260/RUN-PRESENTATION.txt
(don't ask why I saved it as an .txt-file *G*)

It would be nice, if there'd be a little menu with points like (end
presentation, switch language, change delay, skip foil) instead of
having to kill it by ctl-c or the kill command... would that be
possible? (maybe by catching i.e. ctl-c)

When I start the script from an xterm (fvwm2) every time the new
presentation starts (when switching languages from german to english,
i.e.) you see the desktop and the xterm for 1-2 seconds, which doesn't
look that nice. is there maybe a way to avoid that?

until now I can only play a alpha-tester cause I don't know mpg, srry :)

greets from Stuttgart/GERMANY,

Lars.