[Eyecatcher-general] Potential new developer

Leslie I'Anson me at leslieianson.com
Tue Jan 12 16:46:07 UTC 2010

Greetings all,

My name is Leslie I'Anson. I have been using Debian GNU/Linux for over
a year and aside from Debian's technical achievements, it is the
project's philosophy and community that has convinced me to commit to
the distribution. I'd now like to show my appreciation to the
thousands of individuals who have helped make Debian possible by
becoming part of the world-wide community and contributing back to the
project.

Having no prior experience of contributing to such a project, I hoped
that the eye-catcher project might be a good place to start my journey
and would therefore welcome you comments.

Browsing the project's mailing list archives [1] reveals its purpose
and potential but also suggests that the project is no longer active;
its only output being a basic prototype released in January 2005.
However, I could very well have overlooked something.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,
Leslie

[1] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/eyecatcher-general/