[Foo2zjs-maintainer] Dependency for hannah

Steffen Joeris steffen.joeris at skolelinux.de
Mon Oct 1 02:38:52 UTC 2007

Hi

On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 03:31:17 am Luca Bedogni wrote:
> Hi
> 	at this time, hannah uses either gksu or kdesu depending on the
> installation, so foo2zjs now depends either on kdebase-bin and gksu.
> From my poin of view, that's not ok, firstly because a sysadmin, with no
> kde or gnome installed could use the getweb script directly, and secondly
> because someone on a kde system shouldn't install gksu for a driver, and a
> gnome user the same.
> So, my proposal is to make a different package for hannah, and maybe split
> it into hannah-kde and hannah-gnome. This way, someone could use foo2zjs as
> usual, or install his specific version.
I totally understand your point, but I think your approach for a solution is
not the best.
Hannah has a dependency against qt(4) and kde is based on qt. Therefore, I
would suggest to put hannah into a seperate package and let it depend on
kdebase-bin | gksu . This way the kde dependency comes first, but if gksu is
already installed, kdebase-bin will not be installed.
I do not think that we should split hannah into two packages, just depending
on the su frontend we use. I guess a hannah package, which is either a
recommends or a suggests for foo2zjs would be sufficient and the if-condition
in the .desktop file seems to work fine.

Cheers
Steffen