[Foo2zjs-maintainer] New GUI for firmware download: Hannah

Steffen Joeris steffen.joeris at skolelinux.de
Fri Sep 28 11:24:51 UTC 2007

Hi

During the last days, I worked a bit on writing a graphical interface for the
getweb script. I decided to go for Qt and some c++ .
I guess that this brings one additional build-depends (libqt4-dev).
So let's try to keep it plain qt4 as long as possible.
You can all have a look at the gui codename Hannah. It lies under
trunk/hannah. I intend to keep it there for constant playground and whenever
we have a version ready, we copy it into foo2zjs-xxx/debian/hannah .
I will adjust the debian/rules file accordingly and write a small .desktop
file, which should make sure that it shows up in the users menu.
This way we should finally be able to provide some way for the users to easily
obtain their firmware for the printer.
At the moment, Hannah should be able to call getweb and download the selected
firmwares. Please feel free to report any bug on the list and after the first
version with Hannah is uploaded to experimental, report the bugs to the BTS.
Please feel also free to add code to the hannah playground in trunk.
If this turns out to work in a nice way, maybe at some stage we could go ahead
and replace the getweb script totally by teaching the downloads themselves to
hannah.
For now, I will try to add an about menu to hannah, maybe add a status bar and
at some stage give it a nicer look and feel.
Please feel free to extend that TODO list (which I'll put into the hannah
playground in svn).
Any other questions, comments, ...?

Cheers
Steffen