(some of the) Cold Boot Utilities packaged

Daniel Baumann daniel at debian.org
Wed Aug 20 12:25:15 UTC 2008

Jacob Appelbaum wrote:
> Hi Daniel (and forensics-devel),

Hi Jacob,

> As I promised on the last night at DebConf 8, I took a stab at
> documenting and packaging up some of the cold boot utilities.

this is great, thanks a lot.

> I'd like some feedback on the packages if possible...

Will catch up tomorrow and do so. Today, I'm working on my jetlag :/

> I then uploaded two versions of each package. One is build for stable
> and the other is for testing.

we actually care only for unstable at the first place; backports of
those, if needed/desired etc., can/should be done through backports.org
(which i can sponsor too).

> If these packages look OK and someone is willing to sponsor them for
> upload, I'll start packaging up the memory imaging utilities themselves.

Please create an account on alioht, and let me know the username you've
chosen. Then, I'll add you to the project and you can import the sources
into git.debian.org.

Regards,
Daniel

Email:          daniel.baumann at panthera-systems.net